Manitoba Chicken Producers invites university students pursuing studies in agriculture to apply for the Manitoba Chicken Producers Post-secondary Award in Agriculture.
An award of $500 is available to students:
- enrolled in the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences at the University of Manitoba in the second year of the diploma program or the third or fourth year of the degree program;
- who has completed, or is enrolled in, poultry science courses;
- who has achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
Preference will be given to:
- applicants showing evidence of extra-curricular involvement in his or her community, or in the university
(e.g. volunteer work, student government, sports);
- applicants who are family members of registered Manitoba chicken or hatching egg producers.
More than one award of $500 may be granted in a year. A recipient may only receive this award once.
The selection committee will be the Manitoba Chicken Producers.
Application deadline: September 30 annually
Award recipient(s) will be notified by November 1 of the same year.